By R. Eric Miller DVM DACZM, Murray E. Fowler DVM DACZM DACVIM DABVT
With assurance of present matters and rising trends, Fowler's Zoo and Wild Animal medication, quantity 7 provides a finished, all-new reference for the administration of zoo and flora and fauna ailments. A present treatment layout emphasizes the newest advances within the box, together with food, prognosis, and therapy protocols. state-of-the-art insurance contains issues corresponding to the "One medication" idea, laparoscopic surgical procedure in elephants and rhinoceros, amphibian viral ailments, and complicated water caliber overview for zoos. Editors R. Eric Miller and Murray E. Fowler advertise a philosophy of animal conservation, bridging the distance among captive and free-ranging wild animal medication with chapters contributed via greater than a hundred foreign experts.
- The present treatment format makes a speciality of rising tendencies, remedy protocols, and diagnostic updates new to the sphere, offering well timed details at the most modern advances in zoo and wild animal medicine.
- Content ranges from drug remedy, food, husbandry, surgical procedure, and imaging to behavioral training.
- Coverage of species levels from giraffes, elephants, lions, and orangutans to sea turtles, hellbenders, bats, kakapos, and more.
- An broad checklist of contributors comprises well-known authors from world wide, supplying specialist info with chapters targeting the newest study and medical administration of captive and free-ranging wild animals.
- A philosophy of animal conservation is helping zoo and flora and fauna veterinarians satisfy not just the technical facets of veterinary medication, yet give a contribution to the general organic groups had to rescue many threatened and endangered species from extinction.
- All content material is new, with assurance together with assurance of state-of-the-art concerns corresponding to white-nose disorder in bats, updates on Ebola virus in wild nice apes, and chytrid fungus in amphibians.
- Full-color photographs depict exterior medical indicators for extra actual medical recognition.
- Discussions of the "One drugs" concept contain chapters addressing the interface among natural world, farm animals, human, and atmosphere health.
- New sections hide Edentates, Marsupials, Carnivores, Perrissodactyla, and Camelids.
- Over a hundred new tables supply a brief connection with a variety of topics.
- An emphasis on protecting threatened and endangered species globally comprises 102 specialist authors representing 12 varied nations.